What is Piyo? Piyo is a home workout program that includes:
Chalene Johnson took the very best Pilates and yoga-inspired moves she has and cranked up the speed to give you cardio, strength, and flexibility training—all at once. PiYo packs it ALL into each workout so you can build lean muscles —all while burning crazy amounts of calories!
This is a 8 week program (~60 days) with routines ranging from 25-45 minutes long. Every workout has a modifier. Here’s what you can expect from the PiYo workouts you’ll get with this program:
- Align– The Fundamentals (40 min) – This workout breaks down each move in the program to help you perfect your form and learn the basics of PiYo terminology, proper alignment and modification options.
- Define: Lower Body (25 min) – I enjoyed this workout and can tell it will really focus on shaping and toning your glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves! You’ll get stronger with each workout.
- Define: Upper Body (18 min) – You’ll find you will gain a lot of upper body strength WITHOUT doing 20 insane push-ups in a row! The moves only last seconds but they are consistent through-out the workout with moves you are more likely to enjoy than most upper body workouts. I’m very happy with how I’ve sculpted my arms, triceps, and shoulders!
- Sweat (35 min) – This is another great workout that incorporates dynamic conditioning, fast paced cardio/yoga flows and body weight resistance training that will really help with sculpting and defining your entire body.
- Core (30 min) – We all want them. Those sleek abs. Well I’ve got to say, this workout is 100% focused on your powerhouse… the CORE! It will strengthen your back preventing injuries! It will definitely help with flattening and defining that mid-section that is difficult for women to develop as well.
- Buns (25 min) – This is ALL about those glutes! This workout is focused on lifting, redefining, and tightening the entire backside of your body for shaping the booty!
- Strength Intervals (25 mins) – This is a high calorie burning workout that eliminates the use of weight but will get your heart-rate up and burring serious calories through athletic moves and sequences. I really liked the movements in this one. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
- Drench (45 min) – Drench starts us off with getting warmed up and stretching out our bodies. Then it jumps right into improving muscle endurance, balance and flexibility! The name is suitable. You will need a shower after this one!
- Sculpt (30 min) – Its a nice technique where you use different tempos to keep you muscles under tension for different lengths of time.
Free Bonus Workout when you order from this site!
When you purchase through a Coach such as myself you get a free bonus workout! You are welcome to join my exclusive group to get my one-on-one free support. I will add you to my private group through an app right on your phone where you can track your workouts, nutrition, accountability, where you can see me and others in the group, win prizes, get tips along side ladies who have similar challenges, goals and lifestyles. Get connected! When Performance is Measured Performance Improves. When Performance is Measured and Reported the Rate of Improvement Accelerates. – President Thomas S. Monson
Why I became Piyo Certified
I LOVE Piyo, Yoga was a little too slow for me to do on a regular basis but I loved learning the graceful moves, Pilates challenged me and Piyo brought it all together. I got Piyo certified in July 2015 in Nashville, TN. I came back to Arizona and immediately started teaching at a local Country Club. This is a program I’ll continue to do while pregnant with my 5th child!